Thursday, January 28, 2010

Some Photos from Day 4 in India

Today I was back on my own and surprisingly got a fair amount done.  I spent 2 hours at ISB, part of that time making friends with our contact there, part of the time mapping things out.  I talked with a potential photographer for the event to obtain samples and lay the groundwork for some hard bargaining later.  I sent a bunch of emails, saw another hotel, met a nice guy from Bangalore in my guest house and even squeezed in a short nap to make up for some of the early mornings and late nights I’m working.

I think my favorite part about being here, or anywhere in India, is riding in a car or an auto.  I love that chance to see so much so fast and take it all in.  No substitute for stopping and meeting people and such, but its still a good way to figure out where is what in a city.  Today my driver reversed the car backwards faster and further than I think I’ve ever experienced in my life.  I thought I’d seen everything driving in India, I’ve been on buses, trains, cars, autos, in near accidents, I’ve even slept 8 hours on a bus in the rain because the door of the bus fell off and I was in the front seat.

But never have I felt quite as much like I was on a roller coaster as today driving backwards so fast.  It was really fun.

Anyways, some pictures from the day:

[Via http://hotpotdc.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment