Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Welcome to India

A market street on the way to a temple.



I arrived in India early yesterday morning. I was lucky enough to get a small burst of somewhat stable internet tonight so I thought I would make a short introduction to India. I think India is amazing. It’s like no other place I’ve ever been to. That does not mean it’s all roses in the least, just different, and for me the positives out way the negatives. The country itself is beautiful. The people almost all speak good English as well. This of course has it’s down side when the beggars bombard you though. There is a lot of poverty, and that does tug at the heart strings, but there is also a lot of beauty in the quaint lives of some of the less poor. India is a country that is growing with out a doubt but they aren’t industrializing at the rapid speed of Thailand. I like that that. I think I’ve decided I like place to be either finished with industrialization or not quite started. I’ve got tons of photographs that will eventually make their way on here. I’m also learning a lot about Buddhism since this is a temple tour. Not to mention I am loving the food here!

My Dad and Prapa arriving in India

[Via http://wingseyeview.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment